Mission 2: Complete
Bill and Blackie will end their Journey to Washington D.C. by riding in the National Memorial Day Parade. Bill is also collecting letters of encouragement and thanks for veterans. Bill will be representing Gulf War era veterans has he is himself a Desert Shield/Storm Veteran.
1. Your message can be sent to us via e-mail, or physically handed to us.
2. Your letter must be unsealed and cannot have postage.
3. Letters must have your name & return address, so the representative you wish to contact knows that you are a real person; You are responsible for what you write. Your name & return address are optional for letters to veterans.
4. Letters must contain the name and address of the representative you wish to contact.
5. We will not edit your letter (though we may reformat it for the internet). We may post your letter on uncoveringamerica.com unless you request otherwise. Letters posted on uncoveringamerica.com will contain an individuals first name and last initial only (we will not post your mailing address, email address etc. on our website unless you specifically ask that we do so).
6. Additional guidelines will be added if needed.
Bill: "My goal is to uplift the American spirit, raise hope, encourage pride, a sense of adventure and resurrect our sense of unity. Don’t be afraid to look for opportunity in your community and in other places throughout our great nation! With determination and courage we can overcome adversity."
The journey begins; 10 am April 13 at Schroader’s Honda in Hendersonville, Nc. everyone is invited to join us and participate in this noble journey.
Mission 1: Complete
To “Uncover America” and document the adventure, horseman Bill Inman is traveling across America on horseback, slowing down the pace to find interesting places, individuals, groups and history that inspire pride or lift the spirit. This adventure will show the American public that we do have something to be proud of, and nothing is impossible as long as you try.
Bill and his horse Blackie started the journey on June 2 from their home in Lebanon Oregon. As the journey develops, pictures and stories will be added to our website. You can also contact Bill Inman via his e-mail or cell phone (if we have coverage).
At this time, we are also seeking sponsors. If you would like to be part of this venture, please do not hesitate to contact us. Sponsors will be represented on our website and in any press or media coverage, we generate. There is also space on our banner and on our trailer for logos. There will also be an opportunity to be part of future “Uncovering America” journeys, in different areas of America.